Katie Holmes created the trend by wearing hubby Tom Cruise's jeans and Victoria Beckham too borrowed David Beckham's jeans by creating a bold style statement. It is said that Katie Holmes wore it for three days at a row. Whatever it may be, she sure sensationalized the fashion world. The style is tight around the rear and relaxed in the legs. Whether or not boyfriend jeans is going to be a trend or a fad, it's more about people getting it right. Here's how you can wear it!
• The jeans doesn't have to be your boyfriend's because the market is flooded with the style made for women that channel the look.
• Look for a straight cut rather than a flared or a boot cut style as it doesn't suit the look.
• The trend is to turn them up at the bottom exposing a bit of your ankle. They have to sit just above the ankle.
• Pair them up with a more feminine top. However, you can always pair it up with a tight tee or a hoody which is equally flattering. And, keep the top simple.
• Opt for a nice wide belt.
• Strappy sandals or killer heels work well with this style.
• Do not opt for very tight ones. Choose a pair that is loose, yet flattering at the hips.
• The older a boyfriend jeans look, the hotter it makes you look.
And, you really don't have to wear your hubby's or boyfriend's jeans. The market is flooded with styles made for women, that reflect the look.
So what are you waiting for? Just grab a pair a boyfriend jeans and be ready to take the world by storm.